Dental implants India
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants are an ideal option for people in good general oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to
periodontal disease, failure of endodontics, an injury, or some other reason.
Dental implants are actually more tooth saving than traditional bridgework, since implants do not rely on neighboring teeth for support.Treatment with a dental implant involves placing implants in areas where there are no teethand by so doing, the bone area is stimulated again and this prevents long term bone loss in that area. If a bridge that connects two teeth is used instead of a dental implant, pressure is not applied on the jaw bone! Therefore the bone is not stimulated and begins to shrink away. Conclusion - dental implants preserve the underlying jawbone.
What Dental Implant can do to us?
Replacing one or more teeth without affecting adjacent one.
Provide a bridge and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture.
Making it more secure and comfortable by providing support for a denture.
How Dental Implants is more advantageous Over Dentures or a Bridge?
It is obvious that dental implants are a better solution to the problem of missing teeth. Adults regardless of how many teeth they have lost can go for Dental implants. A dental implant and crown become a permanent replacement for a missing tooth. It is a completely reliable and effective solution to problems resulting from missing teeth.
- Esthetic: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth! Since dental implants integrate into the structure of your bone, they prevent the bone loss and gum recession that often accompany bridge work and dentures. No one will ever know that you have a replacement tooth. This is a "permanent" type of tooth restoration. That is only a dentist can remove implants if necessary, the patient cannot. The feel and appearance of dental implants is as if the patient had normal natural teeth in his/her mouth. Unlike bridges they are not anchored to
adjacent teeth and so do not carry a risk of affecting the structure of your existing teeth.
- Tooth saving: Dental implants don't sacrifice the quality of your adjacent teeth like a bridge does because neighboring teeth are not altered to support the implant. More of your own teeth are left untouched, a significant long-term benefit to your oral health!
- Durability:Dental implants offer a permanent solution to tooth loss. They bond to the jaw bone and become part of it, this connection is as strong as a natural tooth root. The completed dental implant is as strong and durable as a natural tooth. Also they require no special maintenance apart from your usual dental routine of brushing and flossing.
- Improved hygiene:Individual implants allow easier access between teeth, enabling everyday normal dental care, and in that way improve oral hygiene.
- Confidence: Dental implants will allow you to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence! They'll allow you to say goodbye to worries about displaced dentures and messy denture adhesives.
- Reliable: The success rate of dental implants is highly predictable. They are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement.
Now that you know - what are dental implants and understand their advantages, you realize that it's the best alternative today for replacing lost teeth
What are the types of Implants that are in use today?
- Endosteal (in the bone):This is the most commonly used type of implant. The various types include screws, cylinders or blades surgically placed into the jawbone. Each implant holds one or more prosthetic teeth. This type of implant is generally used as an alternative for patients with bridges or removable dentures.
- Subperiosteal (on the bone): These are placed on top of the jaw with the metal ramework's posts protruding through the gum to hold the prosthesis. These types of implants are used for patients who are unable to wear conventional dentures and who have minimal bone height.
What Is Treatment Like?
This process is a team effort between you, your dentist and your periodontist. Your periodontist and dentist will consult with you to determine where and how your implant should be placed. Depending on your specific condition and the type of implant chosen, your periodontist will create a treatment plan tailored to meet your needs.
- Replacing a Single Tooth: If you are missing a single tooth, one implant and a crown can replace it. A dental implant replaces both the lost natural tooth and its root.
- Replacing Several Teeth: If you are missing several teeth, implant-supported bridges can replace them. Dental implants will replace both your lost natural teeth and some of the roots.
- Replacing All of Your Teeth: If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them. Dental implants will replace both your lost natural teeth and some of the roots.
- Sinus Augmentation: A key to implant success is the quantity and quality of the bone where the implant is to be placed. The upper back jaw has traditionally been one of the most difficult areas to successfully place dental implants due to insufficient bone quantity and quality and the close proximity to the sinus. Sinus augmentation can help correct this problem by raising the sinus floor and developing bone for the placement of dental implants.
- Ridge Modification: Deformities in the upper or lower jaw can leave you with inadequate bone in which to place dental implants. To correct the problem, the gum is lifted away from the ridge to expose the bony defect. The defect is then filled with bone or bone substitute to build up the ridge. Ridge modification has been shown to greatly improve appearance and increase your chances for successful implants that can last for years to come.
What Can I Expect After Treatment?
As you know, your own teeth require conscientious at-home oral care and regular dental visits. Dental implants are like your own teeth and will require the same care. In order to keep your implant clean and plaque-free, brushing and flossing still apply!
After treatment, your periodontist will work closely with you and your dentist to develop the best care plan for you. Periodic follow-up visits will be scheduled to monitor your implant, teeth and gums to make sure they are healthy.
Indian hospitals provide you world class medical treatment at very competitive costs.
Narayana Hospitals, Max Healthcare and Fortis Hospitals specialise in these kind of treatment
firstname.lastname@example.org or call the 24x7 customer care helpline- +19208895302 or +919891497299